Hello,
I am a single Mother of 4 young children 2 boys and 2 girls. I am asking you to include my family in your prayers as their father who abandoned us Last March 2003, is now trying to get the courts to grant him custody of our 4 children. This is the 5th time he has walked out on our family, However I made sure it will be the last time. Every time he has ever left us it has ALWAYS been for another women. This time was NO exception. I filed for DIVORCE In Aug of 2003 and it would have been final in March of 2004 had he of filed a msc breifing but he didnt Now we have to go to trial on May 12th 2004. At that time the DIVORCE should be finalized, however he is with the help of his new side kick asking the courts to grant him legal and physical custody of our 4 children . My husband was a cross country truck driver and was always able to find other women to take off with, and when things didnt go his way he would come back home and inflict more of his mental as well as physical and verbal abuse on all of us. At the time I really had no choice or at least I thought but to grin and bare it. Now after much counsling and soul searching I know I dont need him and everything he has ever done to us was not only bad for me but worse for our children. It's very sad that they FEAR him the way they do but he brought this on himself. The children have been attending counsling for more than a year now and continue to wish DEATH on their father.Very very sad. Now the courts im told will not listen to them as none of them are 16 years of age. The will soon be 12,11,9,and 7 this year . Even when they see a Car that looks like his they panic. I am asking you to Pray that the courts DO NOT grant him custody of our children and they keep the current orders in place. Those orders grant me legal and physical custody and NO VISITATION to him. He is the one who left the state and abandoned the children while I was away at work one day and he was supposed to be watching them.for 3 years he sat on our couch and refused to even get part time work as he claimed he injured his knee and couldnt. Funny how the min he left us for yet another women he was able to go to work and support her and her children and WE are having to fight along with the DA to even get very minimal child support out of him. He claimes he had to have his child support lowered as he could barely support himself and Now he wants to take the children with him and can provide better for them there where he is . This makes NO sense.I cannot afford an attorney, and have been battling him all this time on my own. I work 6 days sometimes 7 days a week to make sure my kids have everything they need and want. I would do anything for my kids and that's why I am posting this prayer request here because I know how strong the power of prayer is. It's not for me, It's for THEM.