I read something inspiring by Mother, the consort of Sri Aurobindo (he is one of my guides):

Mother is asked about flowers a lot and they had special significance to her. This one idea had impact on me:

"What is this psychic prayer that flowers represent?"

Mother answers:
The psychic, when it manifests in a plant, in the form of a flower, is in the form of a wordless prayer; it is the elan of the plant towards the Divine.

So I meditated about my terrace garden and the roses I put on my mantle with the skylight to the Heavens above and the Angels looking down at flowers and candlelight.

The girls and I had dinner out on the terrace Sunday night. I then dedicated my garden to the Angels and God and said I'd call it The Heavenly Garden or The Garden of Angels.

Today when I came home and was in the kitchen (which was full of roast chicken cooking) Yadira (the woman who works for me) spun around and told me that I smelled of Hyacinth. I smelled it for a second but she was really knocked over by it. Then I walked to a different part of the room. She kept stopping and shaking her head and looking at me, walking toward and away from me. She said there was an overwhelming smell of Hyacinth or Narcissus around me. Not in the room but around me. I think it is the Mother and Sri Aurobindo's way of giving back or the Angels gift back to me for my gift to them. So beautiful. I couldn't think of a nicer gift . . . to smell like flowers even when you aren't perfumed.